RIVERFOREST PARK CAMPGROUND & MARINA RULES, POLICIES & REGULATIONS
We are obligated to follow the local codes and regulations for campgrounds. Please see below for Campground rules. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list. Management reserves the right to change any of these rules before, during, or after the season. Any rule change will be posted in the office. Any situations not covered here will be up to managements discretion to resolve. Campers agree to comply with these rules and regulations as outlined below.
These rules and regulations are instituted for the safety and security of all residents, visitors, staff and management of Riverforest Park Campground & Marina. Repeated violations of these rules will result in the removal from the Campground of individual or individuals whether registered campers or visitors without refund. Re-admittance to the Campground will be at the discretion of management.
- Registration as a camper at Campground includes use of amenities including playground, swimming pool, basketball court, restaurant and bar and group facilities. Wi-Fi is available at the restaurant and bar on the outside deck only
- As noted in the waiver and agreed to by Camper, Camper uses these amenities voluntarily and at their own risk. Campground is not responsible for any injuries that may be sustained by Camper and anyone in their care, including children or guests, in their use of amenities.
- The speed limit is 5 miles per hour and will be strictly enforced.
- Children aged 14 years and younger must wear a helmet when riding a bicycle.
- Riding after dark is prohibited. Return to site when night lights come on.
- Misbehavior will lead to bicycles being taken away.
- Do no ride through other campsites. Do not ride bikes downhills or on grass (must walk bicycle down all hills)
- Campground and Campground management is not responsible for accidents occurring from bicycle riding. Ride at your own risk!
Black/Gray Water Tank:
- NEW YORK STATE LAW states Black Water Tank must always be kept closed except to dump. • Holding tank chemicals must be used.
- Human waste & RV or single ply septic paper is the only thing to be put in the holding tank. • Any sewer plug-ups due to negligence will be billed time and material to fix problem. • Campground management will service gray water drains for $75.
- All boats and trailers must have a visible registration sticker.
- Boats may not be parked on sites.
- All boats not docked must be parked in designated parking areas only.
- Campground docks are only for use by paid seasonal boaters and/or those who have paid a daily or overnight dock fee.
- Campfires must remain inside your fire ring and should not use wood containing nails.
- Campfires must be extinguished by midnight. THIS IS AN INSURANCE REGULATION. • Do not move the fire ring. Campers who move the fire ring will be immediately required to leave the Campground.
- Do not burn garbage in the fire ring.
- Do not leave fire unattended.
- Fire should not have flames more than 2 feet high or more than 3 feet in diameter.
- Campsites accommodate one (1) RV with a holding tank and up to two (2) vehicles. All cars must have a registration sticker permanently applied and visible. Only one registration sticker per registered adult. • Only one tent is allowed per site and is intended for use by your registered children only. Size restrictions apply and is subject to management approval.
- All RV units must be able to be moved from site in case of an emergency (tires must be kept inflated). • Area between meters to driveway - grass & weeds must be kept groomed to less than 5 inches as needed or a fee for mowing will be charged to your account.
- Campsite must be kept litter free & well maintained. (Nothing should be stored underneath your campers)
- Wood should be stacked 6 feet from meters.
- No buildings, no utility trailers, screen houses, tents, or patios may be erected. All patios/decks erected on sites must be FIRST cleared with Campground management and are subject to size limitations. Any structures erected without prior management approval may be subject to immediate removal at management’s discretion.
o ANYONE WISHING TO BUILD A DECK MUST SUBMIT A DRAWING WITH MEASUREMENTS TO CAMPGROUND MANAGEMENT PRIOR TO BUILDING THE DECK.
o IT IS IN MANAGEMENT’S DISCRETION TO APPROVE IS DISAPPROVE THE PROPOSED DECK PLAN.
o IF THE DECK PLAN IS APPROVED, THE DECK MUST BE BUILT TO THOSE MEASUREMENTS, OR ELSE IT WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE FIXED OR REMOVED. o A DECK DEPOSIT OF $_____ MUST BE PAID WITH THE DECK PLAN. o SHOULD THE TOWN OF WEEDSPORT DISALLOW THE DECK, IT MUST BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.
- Existing sheds on your Campsite that are unsightly or deteriorated must either be fixed or removed. No new sheds are permitted except Rubbermaid type sheds. Size restrictions apply and all sheds must bs be approved by management PRIOR to installation.
- All stone brought into the Campground becomes the property of the Campground. • Only registered campers may use the Campsite. You may not rent or permit the use of your RV for any outside party. This will result in the immediate revocation of your License Agreement and immediate removal from the Campground.
- No fences are to be built on or around your Campsite.
- No digging holes or disturbing the ground cover. If tent stakes are used, please be aware of existing water and electric lines. Please consult with management first.
- No blocking of water or sewer lines in case of an emergency fixes.
- Campground is not a storage facility. Campsites are meant only to be used as intended. • All wildlife at the Campground is protected and must not be disturbed.
- No merchandising, selling or advertising of any product(s) or services is permitted at your Campsite, except for Flea Market days on Holiday Weekends.
- No refunds on seasonal site. Overnight quest refer to 2022 rate sheet.
Check-in and Check-out Times ($):
- Check in is 1 p.m.. check out is noon
- Please do not move to another site without first notifying the Campground office.
- The Campground and staff are NOT RESPONSIBLE for watching or supervising children AT ANY TIME. Children under the age of sixteen (16) must be always supervised by a responsible adult and must be on the Site they belong to every night by 10:00 p.m.
- Children under eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of eighteen (18) at the swimming pool.
- Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children and will be held responsible for any damaged caused.
- Children under the age of 8 years may not use the bathroom unattended.
- Underage drinking will not be tolerated and will be reported to the police.
- Licensees and their family will be immediately and permanently removed from the Campground should their children violate any rules.
Down Payment / Winter Storage:
- $500.00 Fee must be paid prior to November 1st to reserve the site for the season. • Monthly payments may be made, to be determined at Licensor’s discretion, and must paid in full by April 1st.
- NO REFUNDS GIVEN AT ANYTIME.
- Dumping takes places on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- There is an $8 Fee for dumping. You must sign up and pay at the office 24 hours in advance. • You can leave your payment in an envelope with your name and site # in the locking mailbox outside the office if it is closed.
- Do not call and asked to be pumped out.
- If there is no advance payment and you are not present at the time to pay, your trailer will not be dumped. • There is a $25 charge for dumping on another day.
- There is no “rush service”. You will be accommodated when possible.
- In case of emergency, call 911 and contact the Campground office.
- All garbage must be disposed of at the dumpster. Garbage is limited to kitchen refuse only. • No bulk or household garbage is permitted at the dumpster.
- Brush, leaves and fire pit ash may be taken to the Bone Yard on Saturdays between 9-12 . • All local recycling laws apply.
- Violators are subject to a fine of $100.
- Firearms, BB guns, guns, paint ball guns, archery, sling shots and lethal weapons are strictly always prohibited on the Campground.
- Hunting is strictly prohibited on the Campground.
- Violators will be turned over to authorities.
- Always prohibited on Campground property.
Gas Cans & Mowers:
- Gas cans & mowers are not to be stored under RV (pursuant to NYS Department of Health).
- All golf carts must be registered with Campground management.
- You MUST have insurance with a minimum of $300,000 in liability coverage with effective dates covering the entire season, and naming the Campground as an additional insured.
- Proof of insurance must be provided prior to use of the golf cart and receiving a golf cart sticker. • Only a licensed driver may operate the golf cart (no driver’s permits).
- Golf carts must not be noisy.
- Per Town Code- No golf cart or UTV may be driven past the gates/booth
- Golf carts must not be operated after sunset without proper lights.
- Speed limit is 5 miles per hour at all times and in all places on the Campground.
- All traffic signs must be observed.
- All passengers must be in seats (no sitting on bumpers, backs of golf carts or on someone’s lap; no standing or hanging on to sides or backs of golf carts).
- Any violation will result in the loss of your golf cart for the remainder of the season.
- No UTV’s allowed to be operated during quiet hours.
- No longer allowing new UTV’s to come into the campground
- You MUST have insurance with a minimum of $300,000 in liability coverage with effective dates covering the entire season.
- Licensee agrees to carry their own insurance to protect their camper, their family ,guest and any and all property against theft, fire, windstorm, weather related damage, damage from falling trees or limbs, “ acts, of god” and vandalism during the season and while in storage. Licensor is not responsible for damage, Loss or injury of any kind and it is mutually understood that the licensee releases licensor from any and all liability.
Lost or Stolen Items:
- Campground is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You may not receive any mail at the Campground.
- Campground is not responsible for delivery of messages, which will be delivered whenever possible.
- Please be considerate of your fellow campers.
- Quiet time begins at 11:00 p.m. and ends at 8:00 a.m.
- No power equipment use is allowed outside of the hours of 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and not permitted on Sundays.
- Violation of these rules will result in the immediate removal of the Licensee, family and all visitors, WITHOUT REFUND.
- You may park up to two (2) cars at a time per Site.
- Campers are allowed a maximum of two (2) dogs per Site.
- Campers must produce a copy of the pets’ current rabies vaccinations upon entrance to the Campground to be filed with the office.
- Do not leave pets unattended or tie pets to trees.
- Pets must be leashed at all times. Cutting across anyone else’s site is prohibited by any person or pet. • Always clean up after your pet on all parts of the Campground, and properly dispose of waste in the dumpster.
- If your dog barks, becomes a nuisance to neighbors or is aggressive towards other dogs or people, you must attend to the dog promptly. Continued unwanted behavior may result in you being asked to leave the Campground with no refund.
- Aggressive pets or those that have previously bitten or attacked people or pets are prohibited from being at the Campground.
- No pets allowed in the playground or swimming area.
- Clean up after, ON & OFF Campsite. Deposit waste in dumpster.
- Pet owners agree to abide by the above rules and always assume full responsibility for their pets.
Photos and Videos:
- As agreed, to in the Photo Release, entrance onto the Campground constitutes permission for Campground management to photograph, video, etc. the camper or visitor while they are on the premises, and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to or approval from the camper or visitor.
- Trash must be placed in garbage cans. No trash may be left at the playground.
- No pets allowed in playground area.
- Broken equipment must be reported to management immediately.
- Please play safely and respectfully of others.
- No swimming is permitted in the pond or river. This is a NYS Department of Health regulation.
- No refunds will be given for inclement weather or early departures.
- All RVs must be well maintained. Any RV that is in disrepair must be repaired immediately, or else camper will be asked to remove the RV from the Campground at management’s discretion. • RVs on the Campground are subject to the approval of Campground management and may not be older than 15 years old. • Campground management reserves the right to require camper to maintain RV in accordance with the aesthetics of the Campground.
- Report the selling of your RV, shed, & deck to management.
- Sale of the RV DOES NOT INCLUDE the Campsite.
- If you sell you camper and it’s 15 years or older it may not stay in park
- New owner is responsible for site fee for remainder of season if leaving RV on Campsite.
- If you sell your camper with the intention of the new buyer staying in the campground they must get approval by management.
- No camper over 15 years of age that sells can stay in the park without managements approval
- Camping season for Licensee is approximately May 1st until Columbus Day Weekend. Dates are subject to change at Campground management’s discretion.
- This is the period where water, metered electric and sewer are provided. Dates may vary due to the closest weekend.
- During off-season or when Campground is closed, no vehicles of any sort are allowed on the Campground premises past the locked gate and fence.
- Pursuant to NYS Department of Health regulations, no draining of gray water onto the ground is allowed. • Black tank valve is not to be left open. Empty sewer tanks with LOTS OF WATER. • Use of Back Flush connection with hookup to water supply is not permitted.
- No washing of RV or any vehicles on Campground.
- The speed limit is five (5) miles per hour. There are many children on the Campground so please adhere to this for their safety.
- Pool hours are from 10:00 a.m. until dusk.
- Read all warning signs and rules in the pool area.
- Swimmers must sign the Safety Regulation Form prior to entering the pool area.
- Swimming pool is NOT SUPERVISED by a lifeguard or other responsible person of the Campground. • A minimum of two (2) adults, age eighteen (18) years or older, must be present whenever this swimming facility is in use. At least one (1) adult must be on the pool deck.
- Children under eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or other responsible adult to supervise their safety and behavior.
- No alcohol, glass containers, tobacco products including smoking and vaping, food or beverages allowed on the pool deck.
- No pets permitted in the pool area.
- No diving, pushing, dunking anyone under water, running, jumping from the side or rough play allowed. • If there is a fecal accident, report it to staff immediately.
Termination of License Agreement:
- Campground management reserves the right to remove, without prior notice, any Licensee, family member or guest, at Campground management’s discretion, who fails to obey the rules or is creating a disturbance or is a nuisance WITHOUT REFUND.
- Campground management, at its discretion, reserves the right to NOT renew any license for the next season.
- ALL terminated licenses will be given notice and the earlier of 30 days from the date of notice or October 1st to remove all belongings.
- No defacing of trees, shrubs, rocks or removal of any plants or cutting of trees is permitted. • ALL trimming of trees and branches is to be brought to the attention of the manager for maintenance. • NO nails or ropes are to be attached to trees.
- Respect the privacy of others and do not trespass on their sites, whether vacant or occupied.
- Any camper using profane or discriminatory language or who is intoxicated, or, in the opinion of Campground management, is acting in such a manner that may be injurious, offensive or annoying to others will be asked to leave the Campground immediately with no refund.
- Campground management is not responsible for any damage to RVs, or loss of refrigerator items caused by a disturbance in electrical service.
- Campground management is not responsible for any damage caused by any utility lines or outdoor lighting caused by employees during maintenance activity.
Visitors and Additional Guests ($):
- Licensees are responsible for their guests.
- All visitors and additional guests must register and check-in at the Main Gate upon entry to the Campground and can be added at prices listed on the Campground website, upon Campground management’s approval.
- Visitors may not bring pets.
- If there is no room at your Campsite for visitors to park their car, visitors must park in the parking lot. Do not use empty sites or obstruct the roadway.
- No visitors are permitted after 10:00 p.m. and must leave by 11:00 p.m. or else register for an overnight visitor pass.
- If a visitor does not pay the fee, the Licensee is subject to removal from the Campground for the remainder of the season WITHOUT REFUND of any fees already paid.
- No subletting allowed.
- Day visitors ($) may use all of the Campground facilities if accompanied by a seasonal or overnight Camper who is registered to a specific site.
- The public is not permitted drop in from the outside solely to use the Campground facilities.
- A valid drivers license is required to operate any motor vehicle at the Campground, including golf carts. • Speed limit is 5 miles per hour on all roads.
- Please obey all traffic signs.
- Park on your own site or designated parking area. Do not use empty sites for parking or any other use. Do not obstruct the roadway.
- Car washing is not permitted.
- ATVs and dirt bikes are not permitted anywhere at the Campground.
Violation of Rules:
- Campground management reserves the right to immediately remove, without prior notice, Licensee, family and guests upon violation of any rule, or who, in Management’s opinion, is creating a disturbance of any kind or is a nuisance. No refunds will be given.
I/WE HAVE RECEIVED AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES AND SAFETY RULES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL.
As to this ____ day of _________________, 20_____.
Print Name ______________________________________________
Sign__________________________________________ Date: __________________________
Additional Campers in the party:
___________________________ ___________________________ ___________________________ ___________________________